Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ukraine in Crisis

Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and now Ukraine.  The news of uprising in that country flooded the screens of our televisions and made the front page headlines of many newspapers around the world.  Ukraine's Deadly Crisis is being reported on the CBC.ca news website.  Someone at my church came up to me, since I've lived in Russia for 21 years, and asked me a question:  "How come the Russians are trying to occupy Ukraine?" I can understand where his query is coming from, since the only sources of information he bases his opinion on is Western news feeds and newspaper articles, but what is the other side of this uprising?

I've been trying to make sense of what is happening in my old country.  Who is right?  Who is wrong?  What is going on, without being biased to either side?  I must admit that even in this information technology age, it is still hard to make an assessment on the events in Ukraine.  After searching in Russian, I came to this blog: http://www.snob.ru/profile/28114/blog.  Here is a translation in English.  It is pretty interesting and very depressing, written from a witness in Ukraine.


No comments:

Post a Comment